Landcare Is For Everyone
Planet earth is struggling to maintain the balance of L.I.F.E for all of the species that call it home. Here in Australia our fragile landscape is under constant pressure from an ever-growing and consuming, modern way of life. Landcarers everywhere are working together to maintain the health of their local environments, but the time has come for everyone to help maintain the balance of L.I.F.E by becoming involved and thinking about their actions each and every day and what impact they have.
L.I.F.E is about people across Australia, just like you, getting involved in Landcare in their everyday lives. Whether you live in a city or a one pub town, on the beach or on a station, in the Top End or the Island State, this website is designed to give you ideas on what you can do or how you can join others in caring for the land and our environment, because after all, the land is the reason we exist and the reason we continue to survive. Getting involved in Landcare and getting involved with L.I.F.E means many different things to different people, but one thing for sure is that no matter who you are or where you live, there’s a way that you can make a difference. There’s a way that you can help.
- Check out your local council website and see what environmental or sustainability events and workshops you can attend. You can even be involved in Landcare in your own backyard!
- Is there a Landcare, Bushcare, Coastcare or other environmental community group in your local area? Why not get in touch with them and see if you can lend a hand?
- It’s not all about weeding and planting you know. Volunteer groups need all types of help – can you write, publish and distribute a newsletter? Maybe you can update a website or help with accounts? Whatever you can do, there’s a way you can help.
- Are you a farmer witnessing erosion and land degradation on your property? L.I.F.E is just what you need. Contact your local Catchment Management Authority or Natural Resource Management organisation today, or maybe there’s already a Landcare farming group in your area who can help.
- Maybe you love surfing and swimming but hate seeing your beach covered in other people’s litter? Get together with some likeminded people and set up a Coastcare group today. Together, we can make a difference.
These are just a few of the many, many ways that people can get involved with L.I.F.E. For every local environmental problem, you can bet there’s a group of people who want to take action to help fix it, and you can be part of this action. L.I.F.E is about the land, and the land is what gives us L.I.F.E, so why not get involved in maintaining the circle of L.I.F.E?
Landcare is L.I.F.E. Landcare is for everyone.